I am currently travelling, and will not be holding workshops for a while. A big than you to all those who have emailed me and inquired – I look forward to setting something up in the future.
If you ever wanted to have a blog, this will interest you. If you are developing an interest in photography, photo manipulation and retouching, this is for you. If you want to take your hobby and turn it into a business, this is for you. This workshop is, basically, for everyone who ever wanted to have, and maintain, a web page with regularly updated content.
What is this about?
You have found your way here because you are interested in learning more about photography, photoshop and blogging. I don’t blame you, I love it too! It’s a great way to collect interesting material, work on your craft and tell people about it. A blog can be as simple or as complicated as you like, as long as it’s consistent. You can put as much or as little of yourself out there as you’d like. No pressure. No Rules. Just you and your CS5. So, without much philosophy, I will proceed to teach you about how to have even more fun, by becoming better at something you enjoy doing.
The goal of this workshop is to teach you to:
- Use WordPress/Tumblr/Blogspot/whatever else you are using, to its full potential.
- Turn your blog into your dream blog, and make those cool image and graphics you see and like on other sites.
- Turn your photos into beautiful pieces of art – crop them, size them, retouch them, embellish them.
- Use your blog to start a business and/or drive traffic to your other websites.
- Connect with more people who have similar interests.
- Learn how to use Social Media to gather a following.
These skills are applicable to a wide array of websites/blogs. Whether you enjoy designer clothing and fashion, cooking, illustration or cycling, you can use Photoshop and basic editing techniques to make your blog more interesting to look at.
Step up your online game!
- Learn new things
- Make new friends, acquaintances and people of similar interest who can collaborate on projects with you
- Have a fun day with a great group of people
What you will need:
- A free Saturday
- A laptop with a running version of Photoshop
- Camera (preferably a DSLR, but a regular “point and shoot” will do)
- Bring your creative juices!
What you will get:
- Mad Photoshop skills
- Cupcakes, lattes, photos and videos of the event
- Hangout in a cool, inspirational space
- A whole lot of fun!
The first workshop is taking place on December 10th, and is booked! Yay. If you’d like to know about future events, please use the sign-up for below.
Past & Future Workshops
Vancouver – December 10th, 2011 | Main Speaker
London – March 3rd, 2012 (Announcement coming soon!)
Toronto – Spring 2012 TBA